Circuit breakers are the one responsible in turning off the process of flowing of the electricity into the circuit if any kind of fault happened. This breaker is strong and don’t usually caused any tripped circuits. It is also considered as heat sensing switch that employs bimetal strips as well as springs in order to close a certain circuit. This allows smooth flow of the current. On the other hand, faults are there to create heat that causes strip to bend down. It releases the lever, which opens circuit and cut off the power not unit you set it again. You must start troubleshooting right at the endpoint of the circuit and not on the breaker.
Before doing that, prepare the things that you will need on your fixing job. It includes new circuit breaker, screwdriver as well as electric receptacle tester.
- First thing first. You must check if there’s any overload circuit. Many circuits are operating at 15 amps and 120 volts and do have the capability of drawing out 1,440 watts safely and effectively. When the total number of the wattage in the circuit exceeds, there are possibilities that the breaker would trip.
- You can check for short circuits through unplugging the appliances or fixtures one by one and watch out for the breaker if it will stay close as soon as your reset that. It will determine the appliance that is the causing electrical problems.
- Assess every power receptacle and at the same time, light switch on the circuit for any worn or loose wires. Oftentimes, overheated wires is most of light fixtures are considered culprits.
- Identify faults right on the power outlets through the help of the neon receptacle analyser. When there’s no short on outlets and switches, most probably, the problem lies in on the wiring or on the breaker.
- Immediately replace the breaker prior on calling for some professional help in order to check your wires. Shut down the power to the main panel before you pull the breaker off the bar. You are going to get a nasty electroshock when the power is not yet off. Also, you should disconnect that so called black wire which leads into old breaker and then after that, attach it to circuit breaker. Afterwards, snap out the new breaker right on the place.
- If the steps above doesn’t work out, this is the best time for you to call an electrician.
As soon as you’ve learned that there is something wrong with your circuit breakers, you have to do something. However, you must also consider if you really have the right knowledge or if it much better if you will ask an expert assistance. Always keep in mind that electrical problems require an immediate attention or else you might take you and your loved one’s life into possible danger. Aside from that , it would be good for everyone to live without bothering about their safety.