Sponge Hardness Tester Manual
Thank you for using LX-F type sponge durometer. Before using this instrument, please read this instruction carefully, so that you can use correctly. And please keep instructions and warranty, in case you can not understand or for some fault, it can help you .
This instruction is on the basis of the latest products, because some improvement and other changes in this manual , the description may be slightly different with actual situation, our company will reserve the right to modify any changes, That will be hard to let you know.
First, properties introduction:
In order to measure the hardness of foam, we special tailor-Made the LX-F type sponge durometer to facilitate our customers. It is suitable for the determination of soft foam, polyurethane foam rubber products’ hardness. And it will be different with the other hardness tester In the aspects of using. When using, the presser foot directly contact to the sample, and see its own weight as force measurement load.
- Scope of pressure needle route: 0 ~ 2.5 millimeters.
- The scale value: 0-100 degrees.
- The force of pressure needle end: 550mN~4300mN（56~438.5g).
Second, the method of using:
Handheld the middle of the instrument, located the hardness tester gently on the plane specimens which is bigger than presser foot (or specimen). Reading out the value in1 seconds when durometers’ presser foot contact with the sample smoothly. And the tick of pointers is the hardness value of sample (specimen). In order to improving the accuracy of measurement, you should put the sample on a flat plate glass or plate. Each measuring point should be measured only one time, the measuring point at a distance of more than 25mm of different parts from the same sample should be more than 5 points. To take the average of measurement results, namely it’s the hardness value of the materials
Third, structure schematic:
1 When the durometer presser foot is in the free state, it points “0”.The pressure needle end and the pressure foot flat is in close contact with the glass surface, the indication should be “100” If the Durometers’ pointer can not show “0’ and “100” when checking, adjust it to “0’ and “100
2, The sample and adjustments
- The specimen thickness should be in 25mm to 30mm, when insufficient thickness of 25mm, you can stack 2 pieces. but you need to ensure the flat surface smooth, the whole thickness still should conform to the sample thickness.
- The sample size should satisfy the length and the width are larger than 100mm, the distance between the measuring point and sample edge is not less than 40mm, all measuring point are less than between 25mm, each sample points is not less than five points.
- Take out the skin of both sides of the specimen, the thickness should be uniform, smooth surface, micro-hole distribution uniformity, no mechanical damage and impurities.
- Sample test conditions according to GB/T2941-91 provisions.
3, After using the hardness tester, put it in instrument box, put in dry place to prevent moisture.
Subsequent: welcome users to make more precious suggestions in aspects of performance, structure, manufacturing quality etc. for our improvement and improve product quality.